Susan D. Stuart is a 1979 cum laude graduate of the New York based Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law. She is proud to state that she is a member of the law school’s first graduating class.
Susan D. Stuart was admitted to practice law in the Second Judicial Department at the February, 1980 term of the Appellate Division of the Supreme Court of the State of New York. Mrs. Stuart was also admitted to practice in the Southern and Eastern District Courts of the State of New York on May 16, 1980.
Susan D. Stuart limits her practice to all areas of Matrimonial Law, including but not limited to the following:
- uncontested and contested divorce actions
- separation agreements
- child support
- joint and sole custody
- custody relocation
- spousal support
- equitable distribution
- grandparent rights
- gay rights regarding custody and/or visitation
- business and professional license valuations
- real estate appraisals
- post-judgment enforcement and modification proceedings
- pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements
- awards of expert fees and counsel fees.
Susan D. Stuart has successfully litigated one of the first custody relocation cases in Suffolk County, State of New York, wherein sole custody was awarded to the Father, when the Mother sought unsuccessfully to relocate the children to Florida.